The new Utah Core Standards provide a consistent, clear understanding of what students are expected to learn, so teachers and parents know what they need to do to help them. The standards are designed to be robust and relevant to the real world, reflecting the knowledge and skills that our young people need for success in college and careers. With American students fully prepared for the future, our communities will be best positioned to compete successfully in the global economy.
Information, updates, and resources are collected here for easy access to implementation support for the new Utah Core Standards.
New Utah Core Standards
Links to New Utah Core Standards Resources
English Language Arts
- English Language Arts Appendix A – Research Supporting the Key Standards (i.e. – Text complexity explained)
- English Language Arts Appendix B – Exemplar texts and performance assessments.
- English Language Arts Appendix C – Student writing samples.
- Application of the Standards for English Language Learners – Suggestions for supporting ELL’s.
- UEN Core Resource Page Resources for both ELA and mathematics.